Leadership e-Tip 10: Motivation Does Not Last
As an associate of Integro Leadership Institute, I would like to share with you these thoughts about leadership.
As we approach the end of January and the new year is well underway I would like to share with you a quote from Zig Ziglar’s book Inspiration 365 Days A Year,published by Simple Truths.
” People often tell me that motivation doesn’t last, and I tell them bathing doesn’t either. That is why I recommend it daily.”
So many of us use the beginning of a new year to set new goals or make resolutions. Some simple steps to help you achieve those goals or keep your resolutions are:
- Visit your strategic plan often and communicate it with everyone it impacts or are connected to it.
- Invest in time and energy in professional development for yourself or as a a leader for your team / organization.
- Watch this Youtube video clip from Zig Ziglar’s book and share it with all connected to your goals.
As a leader it is important to remember:
- You can’t motivate other people.
- All people are motivated.
- You can create an environment where people are motivated to perform at their best.
I encourage you to reflect on the following questions.
- What am I doing for my people to create this environment?
- What impact would highly motivated employees have on our organization?
- Does our organization need to improve / change our environment or work culture?
If you feel your answers indicate a need for change, or if you have any questions / concerns please call or email me, 616-446-5075. or email@example.com
Wishing you success in the days ahead,